On this page you will find fieldwork opportunities to compliment your own teaching programme. All field trips can be tailored for a site in your local area.
Why Nature Field Trips?
Our field trips bring concepts and principles from the textbook into the reality of every day life. Our Field trip programme offers opportunities for all pupils to gain knowledge and integrate their skills on which they can build on and come alive to feed their natural curiosity of the world around them. Through direct experiences pupils can understand the their natural surroundings giving it scale, perspective and a personal meaning. Through field trips pupils work together as a team, learn important communication skills and form relationships with their classmates in a unique and purposeful way.
National Curriculum links
All field trip programmes have links to the national curriculum and incorporate cross-curricular activities.
The key subjects covered are
- Science - investigation of plants and animals, habitats, life processes, food chains, identification of patterns and relationships and species protection
- Geography - natural geological features, environmental change, development and land management
- History - knowledge and understanding social and cultural changes
The Field Trip programme provides a great opportunity to link with other curricular areas making the visit a uniquely cross curricular experience
- Literacy - communication, role playing, story writing, debate and site discussions
- Mathematics - measuring, reading and handling data (graphs, tables and charts), interpretation of information
- Art and Design - observational drawing, field sketches and model making
- Music - identifying natural melodies and mimicking
- Information Technology - utilising the Nature Internet site forum to share information and ideas with other schools
Field trip programmes
"Coastal - Explore the shore"
The duration of our field trips can be tailor made to suit the schools own timetable but generally the length of each session ranges from 1/2 day or Full day session. Our Field trip course content can be tailor-made to compliment a specific school programme or project, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
To find out more information on how to book, please visit this page.